Repair Of Front SwayBar Frame Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
Hi All
I was asked to post this repair in here so others can see

We have a 2007 Z71 with 85,000 miles that has served us well for many winters getting us around in bad storms and plowing our long driveway. Due to the liquid calcium chloride they have been using on the roads in NY, the underside of the truck has taken a beating.

This spring I had to replace one of the front sway bar frame attachments (yes the piece welded to the frame rail), luckily, GM made replacement pieces and a local dealer was able to find some stock as this is a complex piece that would have taken a lot of work to fabricate.

Passenger Side Sway Bar Frame Mount Before
20221006_102309.jpg

20221006_102302.jpg

Passenger Side Sway Bar Frame Mount After
20230808_104628.jpg

20230808_104612.jpg

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
Thank you for posting your resolution, complete with photos. Just another reason why this Forum rocks!
The passenger side is where the AC condensate drain discharges. It provides a constant supply of water that drips down into that sway bar cup.

My 07 went a couple years ago. Did the same repair with rockstar results

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That had to me making a racket under there. Glad you had something good left to weld to! Thanks for sharing. Do you have part numbers for that? That U bracket is interesting as well.

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
Didn’t think about that, did you reroute the discharge or add a something to divert.
Ha, I didn’t think about that. I sprayed down the mount with etching primer, then good auto black paint.
Driver side was rusty but solid.

Ended up giving away the truck to a friend in need couple years later. He’s still pushing it.

tenthirty2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is TSB for an issue related to bad welds between the sway bar bracket and frame. It includes part numbers and instructions.
TSB 15-NA-082

Similar repair process.
If you are going to do the repair yourself you should probably also replace the sway bar bushings, their brackets, and the end links. No part numbers for these last three items included in the TSB.

I had the same issue on the passenger side of my 08 Tahoe and got both side done. Had a shop familiar with frame repairs handle the repair. Solid as a rock now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
Do
There is TSB for this issue with part numbers and instructions.
TSB 15-NA-082
If you are going to do the repair yourself you should probably also replace the sway bar bushings, their brackets, and the end links. No part numbers for these last three items included in the TSB.

I had the same issue on the passenger side of my 08 Tahoe and got both side done. Had a shop familiar with frame repairs handle the repair. Solid as a rock now.
Do you have a link to the TSB or where I can look it up?

tenthirty2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do

Do you have a link to the TSB or where I can look it up?

I tried to attach the document to the previous post but I guess it didn’t take.

If the link doesn’t work just do a search for the TSB 15-NA-082 on Google and you should get some results.

The TSB is not specifically for the problem of the bracket rotting away but is an unintended solution to that problem. The TSB covers broken welds on the factory brackets that cause clunking sounds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts