RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on my way to dancing that my drls weren't coming on like they are supposed to and went to back up and my video camera said no feed. Could be unrelated or could be related. Gotta check it out again in a bit when I go to head home. Why can't this crap just ever be easy.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Backup cam is fine. Every once in a while it glitches and doesn't kick on. Still no drls though which is really irritating. Gotta figure that out in the morning. On the up side, cruise control works again.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Backup cam is fine. Every once in a while it glitches and doesn't kick on. Still no drls though which is really irritating. Gotta figure that out in the morning. On the up side, cruise control works again.
3157 or 4114 in drl? I forgot already

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3157 or 4114 in drl? I forgot already
3157. Those are stock. Nothing changed there. Although I do have a diode ran from the DRL relay to my low and high beam relays so they come on at night with my headlights. Neither side is on at night. I didn't do anything to my headlights today so I'm not sure why those would have been affected. Will have to check that diode first thing in the morning. Not sure where to go after that other than a fuse.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
3157. Those are stock. Nothing changed there. Although I do have a diode ran from the DRL relay to my low and high beam relays so they come on at night with my headlights. Neither side is on at night. I didn't do anything to my headlights today so I'm not sure why those would have been affected. Will have to check that diode first thing in the morning. Not sure where to go after that other than a fuse.
That's why, 3157 are not designed for drl. They blow out quick, especially since yours were hooked up all the time with your headlights. Get 4114, and they won't burn out.
I try and tell as many as I can.

Actually there should be a sticky in the general or exterior section for this. Sellers always put drl for 3157 and it's not compatible for our particular trucks.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why, 3157 are not designed for drl. They blow out quick, especially since yours were hooked up all the time with your headlights. Get 4114, and they won't burn out.
I try and tell as many as I can.

Actually there should be a sticky in the general or exterior section for this. Sellers always put drl for 3157 and it's not compatible for our particular trucks.
Yeah but both sides are not working, nor are the led strips inside my headlights that are wired into my drls coming on. And they work when I hit my remote with my park lights. They just aren't coming on with my headlights. So I know they work. And they worked fine before the tails went in. Not sure why the tails would affect that.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but both sides are not working, nor are the led strips inside my headlights that are wired into my drls coming on. And they work when I hit my remote with my park lights. They just aren't coming on with my headlights. So I know they work. And they worked fine before the tails went in. Not sure why the tails would affect that.
Did you check your diode?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700