RENAMED!! The adventures of Chase and his 2006 Yukon XL Denali!! Follow along on my travels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only eventful part of the drive was about 20 miles outside of the town of Ely, after dark, I could see some lights a couple of bends in the road ahead of me that looked like big rig lights but something was off about the angle of the lights appearing so I slowed down a good bit. As I rounded the last corner and came up the little grade I realized I was right about it it being a big rig, but the dry van trailer was completely across the width of the whole road. Looks like he tried to make a U-turn using the pretty wide shoulders on either side of the road, but ran out of room on the shoulder on my side and wedged the tractor into the dirt bank while stopping just short of a full jack knife. The shoulder behind the trailer for the oncoming lane had a bout 8 feet wide of space, and another rig had just passed by me heading the opposite direction so I figured he must have had enough room to roll behind the stuck trailer in the shoulder. Couldn’t see the other side of the highway at all behind the truck so I slowly rolled through the shoulder with plenty of space to spare and pulled back into my side passed the truck. Looked like he might be stuck there a while. Felt bad for the guy. But not even a few hundred yards away from the stuck trailer, a white infinity QX80 came at me hauling serious ass, and I flashed my high beams cuz I thought he could see the truck…… I watched in my rear view mirror as he flew down the road…… I thought he was gonna blow through the poor guys trailer because he was going so fast and it didn’t look like he realized what was happening with the truck and trailer. But thankfully I watched the infinity hit the brakes hard and stop short of trailer. I thought to myself “well dannng that coulda been bad….”

Attachments

• IMG_8534.jpeg
    IMG_8534.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hooked on to highway 93 at Ely and white pine and kept heading east. Lots of miles there doing 80. Had some tractor trailer traffic but they were easy to get around on the long stretches of straight aways. Finally came into west wendover and stopped for more fuel and a restroom break. Rally cool looking hotel building as 93 drops you off into the main town road. Pulled into chevron cuz it was the only one close to I-80 junction and was surprised with 3.74 a gallon for premium. Cheap priced chevron 91 octane….. YES PLEASE!!! Filled up the Nali as full as I could lol. Hooked onto the I-80 to keep going east after the 93 took me north around mountains. Right after the junction I passed by the bonneville speedway and the bonneville salt flats recreation area. Too bad it was night and pitch black so I didnt get to see it but that would have been pretty cool to see during daylight!

Attachments

• IMG_8535.jpeg
    IMG_8535.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8537.jpeg
    IMG_8537.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to snap a pic but pulled into Layton about 11:30 mountain time. Trip computer on truck read about 890 miles so todays portion of driving was about 580ish. Forgot to grab a photo when I parked in the driveway but I’ll do it in the morning. Pretty beat after a full day of driving after 2 1/2 hours snowboarding this morning. Off to bed and more snowboarding tomorrow!

OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skipped riding yesterday at snowbasin as the first part of the storm blew in with 70mph winds hit the upper peaks of the resort. Thankfully my cheap employee Buddy pass ticket from Kate-lynn‘s mom was transferable to today. So we hung out at the house yesterday and relaxed which was very nice as she ended up with the day off because her private resort stayed closed with the nasty winds and low visibility as well. Got up this morning and drove up to snow basin. Took almost 2 hours to go a few miles from the exit off the highway up to the base area of the resort with all the Sunday traffic and the fresh powder storm. It was absolutely awesome. cold, windy and very low visibility but still fun to ride powder. Saw another silver birch metallic GMT 800 Denali on my way up. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_8588.jpeg
    IMG_8588.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8587.jpeg
    IMG_8587.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bundled up and headed out on the snow about 11 AM

Attachments

• IMG_8597.jpeg
    IMG_8597.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8590.jpeg
    IMG_8590.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8596.jpeg
    IMG_8596.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8595.jpeg
    IMG_8595.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8592.jpeg
    IMG_8592.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
adventurenali92

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had planned to head home early this morning but since I rode half a day today I ended up riding until about 1:30 PM. Bruised sternum was getting to be a bit painful so I decided about that time, it was time to head back to the truck and get ready to get back on the road. And of course had to take a picture of the truck in the base area of Snow filthy beast right now after all the snow and driving lol

Last photo is so far as I got on the road to start heading home.

Attachments

• IMG_8599.jpeg
    IMG_8599.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8600.jpeg
    IMG_8600.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8598.jpeg
    IMG_8598.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 3

Forum statistics

Threads