Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLKTah02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a viper remote start and it was working fine until this weekend when i reset the battery on the truck and not it doesnt work, any ideas? thanks

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which model is it? If it is an XR or two-way system, you may be able just to reset the RF ext receiver module. If you see an antenna near the top of the windshield, unplug the harness at the antenna for a second then plug it back in and try the system. If that doesn't work, check the fuses on the main harness to the RS module (underneath the dash usually). If the fuses are good, unplug the harness with the fuses, plug it back in, then try the RS.

OP
OP
BLKTah02

BLKTah02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which model is it? If it is an XR or two-way system, you may be able just to reset the RF ext receiver module. If you see an antenna near the top of the windshield, unplug the harness at the antenna for a second then plug it back in and try the system. If that doesn't work, check the fuses on the main harness to the RS module (underneath the dash usually). If the fuses are good, unplug the harness with the fuses, plug it back in, then try the RS.

im gonna try unpluging it from the antenna on the windshield, not sure which model i have, but it looks like an old one lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557