Relocate heater ac controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue99tahoe24

bout that tahoe life
Reaction score
Does any one on here kno how i can relocate my heater controls and how hard is it to do???

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not hard you just have to match of wire color coding. All wire extension splices shall be wrap soldered, heat shrink tubed and of equal gauge or greater.Al highc urrent carrying wire shall be upgraded to next highest gauge.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The current wire size ranges from 20-16 gauge depending on circuit. So just get a spool of 14 gauge and cut the wire on control connector a few inches from connector and just splice them one at a time matching color codes or better yet make a harness extension with keyed connectors in case you want to move it back. It would just be plug and play that way.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
14 is a bigger wire not smaller so you should be fine just use some good quality wire and make good splices.

Sent from Sprint HTC EVO 4G via Tapatalk.

billowred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd use 18 gauge over 14. It tends to move around easier when remounting.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
18 is to small for the higher current circuits. remember adding length will add resistance. safer to use larger gauge. i have done this mod before with no problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayebarberr