Recommended tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for smooth highway driving on a 2014 Yukon SLT with stock 17” rims? Needing some new shoes!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the goodyear eagle ls/2 or sport, there great tires and usually a pretty decent price, not too hard and not too soft and they have excellent ride and road grip, little to no road noise.
but this is just my honest opinion, im sure there are others out there but I like them a lot.
whatever you end up choosing just hit up the local wheel and tire wholesaler they usually sell to the public as well and you'll probably get the best deal that way.
cash talks!

***also sometimes goodyear has rebates, the catch is you have to get them from one of there suppliers.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the biggest question would be your location. Does the tires need to deal with snow or mud?

I have BFG KO2's on my Suburban but they are not really quiet but do work very well in the snow/rain/mud. When these need to be replaced I will probably go back to the Bridgestone Revo 2's that I previously had on my Tahoe which were quiet and worked really well in the snow and rain.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the biggest question would be your location. Does the tires need to deal with snow or mud?

I have BFG KO2's on my Suburban but they are not really quiet but do work very well in the snow/rain/mud. When these need to be replaced I will probably go back to the Bridgestone Revo 2's that I previously had on my Tahoe which were quiet and worked really well in the snow and rain.

Mine are pretty quiet and do not disturb us inside. That hub we just changed however, was a howler and for a time thought it was the tires! The OP wanted a smooth highway tire suggestion and our KO2s are an AT tire.

OP
OP
J

JTsYUKON

Reaction score
Michelin Defender LTX M/S, the part number is 62115 which is a B-Ply tire, 2,679 lbs per tire of carry weight @ 44 psi. None better.
Thanks a bunch. Sorry for delayed response. I must have missed the email notification. Great help. Appreciate the great stuff on here!

Should I follow factory recommended cold psi? I always thought 32 seemed low. I usually run 34 and they warm up to 37-38

Also, should I run stock size on the stock rims, or go a little wider?

OP
OP
J

JTsYUKON

Reaction score

Only very rarely do we see snow. No mud. Slightly Wet roads are the main hazard. Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. Sorry for delayed response. I must have missed the email notification. Great help. Appreciate the great stuff on here!

Should I follow factory recommended cold psi? I always thought 32 seemed low. I usually run 34 and they warm up to 37-38

Also, should I run stock size on the stock rims, or go a little wider?

With that tire you follow what's on the door sticker. I went stock size but plenty of folks up size to 275s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan