Recommended tire for Florida weather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elperuano

Reaction score
What's up guys
First of all thanks for the info you guys provide. This is my first SUV purchase so not used to these big cars but I love it. My weekend warrior ride is a fully built g37 with a precision 6766 turbo.
My main concern is my wife's driving habits. I bought her the Tahoe to be able to travel with our kids comfortably. I have only safety in mind when it comes to this car.
I would like to hear recommendations on which tires are the best for basically city and highway driving. I won't be hauling or going off road. We get rain and that's about it. Eventually I would like to address the suspension but for now I'll appreciate any advice on tire recommendation. Thanks guys!
Edited to add we have the 20" wheels

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin LTX Defenders or BFG KO2s. The KO2s are an AT tire but are rock solid in our rain storms. The Defenders would be as well, plus being more fuel efficient with the highway tread.

OP
OP
E

elperuano

Reaction score
Michelin LTX Defenders or BFG KO2s. The KO2s are an AT tire but are rock solid in our rain storms. The Defenders would be as well, plus being more fuel efficient with the highway tread.

Thanks for the advice. I would have wanted AT tires but we won't be doing any off roading and no snow here either. I'll look more into the Defenders

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I would have wanted AT tires but we won't be doing any off roading and no snow here either. I'll look more into the Defenders

Me neither but they look great and are an additional layer of safety for when my wife and kids are in it. Defenders are my 2nd choice and I may just put them on when these are wore out. Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909