Rear Wiper and Foglight Button

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost everytime i press my foglight button, my rear wiper sounds like it comes out of that holder thing and goes back in. Anyone else have this issue? My tahoe used to be a police tahoe so i dont know if they screwed up a wire or something, it used to have a strobe setup in there.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
i was just gonna ask this same thing. I have no idea. It even does it when i switch from highs to low+fog.

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
My '02 Denali does the same thing. Not all the time though. Usually on a cold start.

tekkitan

Reaction score
from alldata:

Bulletin No.: 02-08-43-001A

Date: March 24, 2004

TECHNICAL
Subject:
Rear Wiper Jumps When Fog Lamps Turned On (Connect Auxiliary Ground to Rear Washer Pump)

Models:
2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade
2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2000-2004 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe
2000-2004 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL

Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add models, model years and revise the Parts Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-08-43-001 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the rear wiper jumps when the fog lamps are turned on.

Cause

Electrical feedback from the fog lamp circuit into the ground of the rear window washer pump may cause this condition.

Correction

To perform this correction, you will need to obtain the following items:
^ A J 38125-B Terminal Repair Kit. Obtain the following parts from the kit.

- P/N 12041351 (Cable Seal) from tray # 2

- P/N 12077411 (Terminal) from tray # 2

- P/N 12103507 (Ring Terminal) from tray # 18

^ A 508 mm (20 in) length of Black, 0.5 mm (20 gauge) or 0.8 mm (18 gauge) wire

Important: Do not re-use the old cable seals. Replace old cable seals with P/N 12041351.

Isolate the rear washer pump ground circuit by performing the following steps.
1. Remove the left side fender to radiator tie bar diagonal brace.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Remove the battery tray.

4. Remove the bolt that secures the washer bottle to the upper radiator tie bar.

5. Raise the vehicle on a hoist.

6. Remove the lower washer bottle mounting bolt.

7. Locate the rear washer pump motor, mounted into the washer solvent bottle under the hood, and disconnect the wiring connector for the rear washer pump (Dark Green/White stripe and Black wires).

8. Remove the black wire from the connector. Cut the wire and tape the end to seal out moisture intrusion. A non-sealed wire will allow moisture to wick up the strands of the wire and may corrode other components/connections.

9. Slide one end of the new wire through the weather pack seal that was removed from the old wire.

10. Properly attach the 12077411 terminal (crimp and solder) to one end of the new black wire.

11. Properly attach a 12103507 ring terminal (crimp and solder) to the other end of the new black wire.

12. Place the new terminal and wire assembly into the rear washer pump connector and properly position the weather pack seal.

13. Reconnect the connector to the rear washer pump.

14. Route the new black wire down to the attaching point on the frame, same location as the battery ground. Follow the battery cable routing.

15. Remove the ground to frame attaching bolt.

16. Clean the battery cable and G100 ring terminals of contamination.

17. Install the new wire ring terminal between the battery ground wire (5) and the existing G100 ground wire (3).

Tighten

Tighten the engine wiring harness ground/negative cable bolt to 25 N.m (18 lb ft).
18. Install the lower washer bottle retaining bolt.

Tighten

Tighten the bolt to 9 N.m (80 lb in).
19. Lower the vehicle.

20. Install the upper washer bottle retaining bolt.

Tighten

Tighten the bolt to 9 N.m (80 lb in).
21. Install the battery tray.

Tighten

Tighten the battery tray bolts to 9 N.m (80 lb in).
22. Install the battery.

Tighten

Tighten the battery hold-down retainer bolt to 25 N.m (18 lb ft).
23. Connect the battery cables.

Tighten

Tighten the battery cable bolts to 17 N.m (13 lb ft).
24. Install the left side tender to radiator tie bar diagonal brace.

Tighten

Tighten the front end diagonal brace bolts to 9 N.m (80 lb in).
25. Reset the clock.

26. Advise the customer that all memory modules will have to be reset such as seat, radio presets, and the like.

27. Also advise the customer that the transmission shift points may feel somewhat different. This will change over a short period of time as the transmission adapts to the customer driving habits.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
LOL

I thought I did something when I put in my HID fogs to make it do that....guess I was wrong.

That is one hell of a complicated procedure just to fix this issue, which as far as I can tell doesn't damage anything.

Dismay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing on mine, now that I know what the issue is, I feel comfortable just living with it, lol!

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Dave, it is pronounced like the word "you" + kahn.

Just to answer your signature question.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts