Rear right passenger window won't roll up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coachld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have read several threads about windows not rolling up/down but could not find my problem. My right rear window will roll down from drivers controls but won't roll up with drivers control. However, it will roll down and up from right rear passenger controls. Does not sound like regulator/motor. Is there a connection that might be loose.

I am also having a problem with slow front right passenger window rolling up very slow...especially when weather is cold. I am assuming that is the regulator based on other posts?

Thanks in advance.

mmeachem

Reaction score
It's probably the motor/regulator

I replaced my driver side and installed it myself

Easy Peassy

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear window problem sound like it's the driver's control switch is bad but I would double check the connection behind the door panel.
For the front pass window, the problem does seem to be a bad regulator/motor. Just fyi, it's much easier to change out the entire regulator/motor assembly than to mess with the cables when changing out just motor.

mmeachem

Reaction score
Rear window problem sound like it's the driver's control switch is bad but I would double check the connection behind the door panel.
For the front pass window, the problem does seem to be a bad regulator/motor. Just fyi, it's much easier to change out the entire regulator/motor assembly than to mess with the cables when changing out just motor.

What he said

OP
OP
C

coachld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for quick responses. Just want to make sure I am ordering the right part. Cost is $41.78 from Partstrain.com. This is description:

Replacement Window Regulator - Front, Passenger Side
2003 Chevrolet Tahoe
Brand: Replacement
Condition: New
Operation: Power
Product Fit: OE replacement
Quantity Sold: Sold individually
Motor Included: With motor
Anticipated Ship Out Time: 1-2 business days
Replaces OE Number: 19120847
Replaces Partslink Number: GM1351110
Warranty: 1-year, unlimited-mileage warranty

spacer.gif

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats pretty cheap, i want to say i paid around $100 for my delco motor/regulator

mmeachem

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I paid but I got mine at a local acdelco warehouse

CAResearch

Reaction score
Yeah I have the except same issue, same window too lol

So if its the regulator, I wonder why I can download at the rear door switch But NOT from the driver seat??

I can hear the switch

KAKALAK

Reaction score
Yeah I have the except same issue, same window too lol

So if its the regulator, I wonder why I can download at the rear door switch But NOT from the driver seat??

I can hear the switch

that sounds like your drivers switch. I have the same problem with my 01 rear pass window. I stuck a drill battery on the motor and nothing so im going to replace the regulator assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71