Rear pillar strobe lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
If my EOD plate doesn't register with them I just tell them it's a tribute truck.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I believe I'm going to pick up a suburban and convert it over to a ppv. I have to tell u guys driving the ford explorer and then getting the tahoe its Night and day on handling, performance, the amount of people I can fit comfortably and gear. With it loaded down it still handles great

PepperFreaknLewis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually, there was a story around here (but maybe that's NM) here you can actually drive a "police car" as a private person (except for forward facing blue lights or something like that.). Here it seems to be the behavior of the driver/person, not what he drives... of course, it's probably vague enough to get yourself in trouble.

Ron
How'd that work out for ya? I've got an SSV and was told by NMSP I can run a full light package, provided I dont run Red forward, or white rearward...Currently using 2 SSVs as traffic control and road service units. NMSP and MTD have final say on lighting, NM statutes just specify IF a Reasonable person would assume its an in service PD unit, its impersonation. Had to have my logo and door graphics approved by NMSP, just to avoid issues.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went through this a week ago with a cop. He wouldn’t write me up for anything but harassed the hell out of me and made me remove my white and orange strobes. Evem
Ones that weren’t even wired up. I let him have his way and was nothing but respectful. Not worth it to me anymore to deal with that again.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one of those that is state by state, and in some areas, even by locality.

Almost anybody that has to be in or near the road including paving and excavation contractors can use amber in most places.

Many states allow blue for volunteer FFs and medics, but many departments won't allow their members to use anything at all on their personal vehicles.

At one time, New Mexico allowed tow trucks to use blue. Not sure if that's still true.

Some states allow red on tow trucks, but not all do.

I'm not aware of any states that by law allow installation of red or blue on a vehicle not attached to public safety in some way.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one of those that is state by state, and in some areas, even by locality.

Almost anybody that has to be in or near the road including paving and excavation contractors can use amber in most places.

Many states allow blue for volunteer FFs and medics, but many departments won't allow their members to use anything at all on their personal vehicles.

At one time, New Mexico allowed tow trucks to use blue. Not sure if that's still true.

Some states allow red on tow trucks, but not all do.

I'm not aware of any states that by law allow installation of red or blue on a vehicle not attached to public safety in some way.
We ran red on our personal vehicles in TN for many years. I’m retired now, so I’m not sure what is allowed in TN. I actually used my Tahoe to respond and transport one winter season when the snow was too bad for regular ambulances. (Still have the red magnet mount strobe).

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this a while back. I looked up any state I’m likely to ever visit, to see what prohibitions are for amber (thethirdtwin) and green (thecopcar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia