rear lower control arm mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my tires have a groove cut in them from rubbing on the lower control arm front mount. the tires are 305 35 24s on some 24x10 boss 313s. the truck is lowered with a mcgaughy 2/3 kit with spindles. i have 1/4 inch spacers on the wheels and had to also cut the upper shock bolt and take the inner wheel well plastic off. i know im going to need the pan hard bar since the drivers side rubs more. could i use some thicker spacers or is another way to solve this?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
skinnier tires..
I run the 295/35/24's on the same rims and I don't rub anything

OP
OP
candyman74

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is your rearend offset also? i saw the panhard bar on steves video i think thats going to be next.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have like 30 panhard bars in stock 139 shipped if you see it for less ill beat it. its the spohn ones either red or black.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
my tires have a groove cut in them from rubbing on the lower control arm front mount. the tires are 305 35 24s on some 24x10 boss 313s. the truck is lowered with a mcgaughy 2/3 kit with spindles. i have 1/4 inch spacers on the wheels and had to also cut the upper shock bolt and take the inner wheel well plastic off. i know im going to need the pan hard bar since the drivers side rubs more. could i use some thicker spacers or is another way to solve this?

Are you sure it's the lower? I bet it's the upper.....I have the same problem but I run 285's. You definitely need to run slimmer tires try a 285 or smaller. As you go lower it gets worse since the axle moves forward in the wheel well as you go lower, I have a 6''+ drop in the back and when I air out my bags the tire is pretty much touching the front of the wheel well. I just installed the Spohn pan hard bar and it helped a lot and gave me the ability to place the rear end where in needs to be in relation to the LTA/UTA and fenders but now the issue is centering in the wheel well. Spohn is getting ready to release adjustable upper/lower trailing arms for our trucks and that will solve my problem. Do you have the lower tailing arm relocators?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
trailing arm relocators push back the axle are you guys running these?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am..........only good for about 6''......when it's dumped I'm in a bad place.........

yup spohn uppers i allready have the adjustments for all that. Run more negative angle also which i will be releasing all that info since ill have the first bars here in about 2 weeks to sell.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
yup spohn uppers i allready have the adjustments for all that. Run more negative angle also which i will be releasing all that info since ill have the first bars here in about 2 weeks to sell.

Nice. Post up when you get them and I'll grab them from you instead of Spohn as long as you match the price...and I know you will:)

OP
OP
candyman74

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score

im not using those but i think if i get the panhard bar and run smaller tires i should be fine but ill check out those trailing arm relocators though

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

do you offer those on your website cause i have looked and cant find them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65