Rear end with 2/4 drop is stiff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently had a shop install the 2/4 drop kit w/ performance shocks from tbss and I love it. Also got the short bumpstops and the rear end links installed.
Only problem is that the rear end is so stiff. Feels like when I go over a dip or bump there is no play in the rear end; like the springs are 100% unmoved.
Is this something that will settle or go away or am I stuck with this feeling?

04BUCKET

Reaction score
Was this with Tony custom springs...or BT 5305's?....I:m about to buy a kit...but not so sure I want to now...

itsbeen1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean they are nice truck looks good rides good speed bumps railroad tracks little little pot holes and bumps in road suck ass

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Recently had a shop install the 2/4 drop kit w/ performance shocks from tbss and I love it. Also got the short bumpstops and the rear end links installed.
Only problem is that the rear end is so stiff. Feels like when I go over a dip or bump there is no play in the rear end; like the springs are 100% unmoved.
Is this something that will settle or go away or am I stuck with this feeling?

What sorings?
What shocks?
Did you do free travel mod?
Did you drill holes on axle for endlink?
Did you only torque endlinks to 30 lbs?

OP
OP
MrBalll

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sorings?
What shocks?
Did you do free travel mod?
Did you drill holes on axle for endlink?
Did you only torque endlinks to 30 lbs?

I got this kit.
Don't believe the free travel mod was done as it appears that 'bracket' is still on there. There are also some new yellow bump stops on there. I can visibly see about two inches of them.
As far as the axle I can't really tell. Just from looking at it it doesn't appear so to me. Here are some photos for reference. I'm a computer nerd so this will probably make more sense to you. It did not appear there were any new holes drilled out to me though.

IMG_2651.JPG IMG_2648.JPG IMG_2650.JPG

And the torque. I am not sure. I can get my torque wrench out and check a little later this evening.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) nitro drop shocks i dont sell anymore ride is not good at all
2) your shock is upside down. It may be already damaged but flip it other way and test if that works
3) they installed the djm endllinks the WRONG way. Your supposed to drill 2 holes on the drivers side axle and the swaybar sits on the outside of the pass side endlink. The way you have it the swaybar hits the panhard bar brackets and so its a very ruff ride
4) if you didnt do free travel mod check to see how far the rear axle is from bumpstops. If its close you will need to cut the bracket off the frame and i have the new bumpstops which attach to axle for $25 shipped

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have that shop work on your rig again. I did those endlinks myself and had enough sense to follow directions, and the fact they installed your shocks upside down says enough right there.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get this fixed? What was the outcome how does it ride? You remove the bump stops? I'm going through the research phase for a drop right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts