rear drive shaft fell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgalbreath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 1999 chevy Tahoe 4x4 2 dr 4l60e elec shift (opt NP8) rear drive shaft came off and broke the housing the spleen end goes into. The truck started vibrating just before this happened. I thought I could put it into 4wd to get the front drive going and get the truck home but it wont do that either. Would it be possible to make this vehicle 2wd temporarly until I get get all the replacement parts. Is the transfer case screwed? the tranny? What was probably the cause of this break down? It looks like the front of the rear drive shaft exploded from the housing as opposed to the rear u joints just going bad. The fornt yoke on the rear drive shaft is busted as well. Thank you for any information.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
remove the t-case and have it torn down for inspection and repair as soon as possible. and inspect the u-joints anyway. while the t-case is repaired check the output shaft of tranny to see if it snapped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924