Rear door locks....not actuators....I need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

james tippett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe LS, 60,000 miles, I bought it used last year, this has been the only problem. About 3 months after we bought this vehicle, and school started, I started using the Tahoe to take the kids to school and when I would open the rear doors the alarm would go off. I thought that was weird as I was sure I was locking the doors at night, but in the morning, they were unlocked and the damn alarm would wake up the whole neighborhood at 6AM. Come to find out that the rear doors do not lock or unlock with the key FOB or the drivers door panel. I did some research and saw the plethora of complaints about the crappy door lock actuator motors that were dying faster than a slug covered in salt. I waited about 4 months to start this project as I had to wait till soccer season was over (I coach a boys high school team, and my wife coaches the girls, so we are busy during the season). I was quickly drawn to the www.gruvenparts.com website where I purchased two motors for about $70 total. I followed the tutorial and made the motor swap, only to be frustrated to no end when the door locks didn't even make a sound. I removed, and fiddled with the actuators for days, trying everything I could think of to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong when swapping the motors and reinstalling the actuators. I even talked to Paul from gruvenparts in Atlanta, and he tried to help me, but no luck. I signed up for alldatadiy, printed electrical diagrams, studied them, traced wires all over the car, checked fuses, took the fuse box out, checked for good power all over, and this is what I have been able to figure out. at the fuse box to the left of the drivers seat dash, there are 4 fuses that are labeled as lock or unlock(lock1 and 2 and unlock 1 and 2). After testing for power with a voltmeter and test light, I was able to figure out that 2 of these fuses do not get power even when the key fob or drivers side door lock buttons are pushed. These two fuses, LOCK1 and LOCK2 are the lock side of the operation, and are getting no power when I try to activate them. This is kinda where I am stuck. I am pretty confused by this problem, and I am desperately trying to avoid a dealership. I feel like I have chased this problem around, and could really use some expert eyes on the situation. Is it a BCM issue? Why do my front doors lock and unlock, but my rear doors don't? Where does the wire to the back of hte fuse box go after it enters the firewall into the engine bay? Is there an issue in there? Please someone smarter than me tell me what to do next, or at least give me a clue as what to check out next. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

AeBogle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just joined and have the same exact problem. Very frustrated to see how many threads go unanswered. Did you find resolution? Thanks!

AeBogle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any one have useful information or expierence would be appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is the power lead to these "fuses" completely dead? or is it grounded out? if it is simply dead why not just tap in power from somewhere else? seems like that would be a simple straightforward solution instead of chasing a ghost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRSB16