Rear door lock/window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowdown916

Reaction score
Not sure if this it's the right place to ask about the lock on the rear... I took off the panel for the rear door to see why it wasn't locking or opening the window.. So I found the metal gold arm was under the black ones not moving anything while I was lock/unlocking or when I was using the key to lock/unlock the window, so I push it up and it works now , but it feels like its way too loose that this problem might happen again, not sure if there's another piece that suppost to be there that it might broke off or something, if someone can help me out..ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369093232.393445.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369093245.979631.jpg

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Similar problem happened to me. One of the "c" clips kept coming lose and I had to adjust it so it fit tightly. But can't remember which one it was.

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
Ummm, maybe with the vibration of the car it might come loose again , do you see on the pic if missing anything?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Difficult to tell if anything is missing by looking at the pic. When you say the metal arm is under the black ones, do you mean it's sliding back and forth on the pivot rod (not sure what it's called)?

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
That arms moves the black arms, that's the one for the key/push in button on the outside , when it comes loose it moves down like under the black arms, so that's why it won't lock the back door or open the back window..

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I see. Maybe I can look at mine tomorrow and compare to see if you're missing anything.

BaMaDuDe87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever find if anything was missing? Just had to fix this problem on mine. If not Ill try to take my moms Yukon apart Sunday.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

dabears51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any luck? My button doesn't return anymore either. Ever since my body guy fixed the rust that was around the push button, now it doesn't work. The button just stays pushed in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts