Rear defogger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mando2776

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about a year ago... one of the rear defogger wires connected to the rear glass, came off, and now dangles loosely, question; is there a quick repair i can do to fix it, and have my defog. work once again? i heard threads before of people using JBWeld, or a Permatex 21351 Rear Window Defogger Tab Adhesive, anyone have any luck with either one?

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took my truck in to a local auto glass repair shop they have something to fix it, it looks like they soddered mine on but its a epoxy they told me. Look into it

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
you can solder it. If you dont feel up to the task, dealer can do it for you too

RegalCavalier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 Yukon XL Denali that I purchased in March. One of the cables was disconnected on my rear defogger also. I soldered it back on. I've used it a couple of times and the solder held. I think it works. The window is so far back and is always dirty so it is hard to tell. Going into my first winter so we'll see. Good luck with yours.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i must suck at soldering, cuz it was a ***** to get it to hold and didn't last long before popping off again, lol....