Rear deck lid 1997 Yukon replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

largewon62

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had to replace my deck lid due to someone trying to break in. The only one I could find in a pinch is a little different. The strut attachment is at the bottom, mine was at the top. And the wiring is different. The original had 5 wires (I think), the replacement, only 4. Both have rear wiper and defrost.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for these two deck lids so i can get it wired up?
I am guessing that I can drill and weld the nut from my old one in the proper position, correct?

OP
OP
L

largewon62

Reaction score
I need the wiring diagrams of both types of deck lids......the one with 4 wires and the one with 5 wires so I can adapt the 4 wire door to mine that came with 5 wires.

There are nuts tack welded to the inside of the deck lid that the ball studs for the lift struts attach to. My new lid has them in a different location that my old lid.

Sorry, I guess my original post was cryptic.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Are you referring to the glass hatch? why not just pull the wires through from the old one? it sounds like one is from 95+ the other is older?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coldlegos