Rear Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a B40 A118C dash cam and have been very happy with the picture quality and now think I'm going to install one for the rear, just hope the tint isn't too dark

My question is where is the best place to tap in to an accessory wire in the back. I want one that will kill the power when the key is turned off. I really don't want to have to run a wire from the back all the way to the front. My best guess is tapping in to the rear wiper using the same type hard wire kit I used for the front.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you wire it to the reverse tail light, it will automatically only turn on when you put the car in reverse and reverse light is activated.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you wire it to the reverse tail light, it will automatically only turn on when you put the car in reverse and reverse light is activated.

I don't think the OP was asking about a backup cam, but rather a dash cam that records all the time.

I installed a B40 A118C dash cam and have been very happy with the picture quality and now think I'm going to install one for the rear, just hope the tint isn't too dark

My question is where is the best place to tap in to an accessory wire in the back. I want one that will kill the power when the key is turned off. I really don't want to have to run a wire from the back all the way to the front. My best guess is tapping in to the rear wiper using the same type hard wire kit I used for the front.

I'm not aware of a switched power spot in the back. The wiper won't work because it gets power when the wiper is turned on... Otherwise it will not have power... It may just be easier to run a wire from front to back. If you run it along the bottom of the doors along the side, it's pretty easy to get wire back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts