Rear bumper chrome trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Has anybody added the chrome trim with something aftermarket and it look decent? I want to add some but it's hard to pay $140+ for Oem. I've seen different listings on eBay but you can't trust everything you see on eBay.

image_zpshhminukx.png

unoigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones I've seen on eBay are stainless steel.... I believe. If they are, got to believe the quality to be up to par.

Joakim1983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used 3M ABS chrome molding as Vortecmass suggested. Came out pretty well.

IMG_9023.jpg

If you want i can make some close-ups from the trim.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the ebay ones for my 08 tahoe and it was a terrible piece of stick on chrome rolled up. immediately ripped it off after application. I ended up getting the Denali/Escalade bumper with the different step pad that has a clip on chrome trim that is factory.

Joakim1983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
id love to see an upclose please if you don't mind
Hi mazdawg(Mikey),
Sorry it took a while, my wife gave birth to our first baby, so i had a busy week ;) .
But today i was able snap a few pictures ;) .
(didn't wash the car)

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

hope these pics are useful ;) , it's not the same finish as the factory's but it's fine for me .

Joakim1983

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your welcome and Thanks ;):) !!

To prevent getting dirt between the bumper and the chrome trim, I added a thin layer of transparant silicone on top (between trim and bumper). (type of silicone that you use to seal windows or in bathrooms). Seen in the last picture

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman