Rear Brake Slider Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ueww40

ueww40

Reaction score
In the meantime the matter has been resolved. I received a clear and precise answer from a nice tech at my local Chevy dealer and from 2 other brake gurus. The answer is the same from all 3, so I am pretty sure that's how it is. I post it here for the benefit of everybody and anyone that is picky about doing their brakes correctly. It does have something to do with whether it is a 2WD or 4WD. The front brakes are the same on either one. The difference lies in the rear brakes. On a 4WD the 2 slider bolts per brake are the same. They are solid bolts. On a 2WD one slider bolt is solid and one has a rubber bushing on its tip. The one with the rubber bushing goes on top of the caliper bracket and the solid one goes on the bottom. That's the same on both sides.
As for the pulling of my brakes, which started this whole topic, it was caused by a disaster in the waiting. All this time I was concentrating on my brakes, but what caused all of this was that one of the alignment cam bolts worked itself lose and when I finally caught it it was not a minute too soon. The nut had about 3-4 turns left before it would have fallen off and if the bolt had worked itself out of the control arm, who knows if I still would be here writing about it. Everything is fixed now and hopefully this will never happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts