Brake problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jacob808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some help,

I own a 05 tahoe 2wd. I'm having a problem with my front passenger brake locking up.
I've changed the caliper, rotor, hub assembly with sensor and rubber brake line, hydro booster was changed prior to me buying. It's start to lock up after driving for 15/20 min.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When did you change last time your break fluid?

Your symptoms are as well typical for brake fluid which contains too much water. When you break the break fluid gets hot, turns into Steam and close your caliper.

OP
OP
J

Jacob808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When did you change last time your break fluid?

Your symptoms are as well typical for brake fluid which contains too much water. When you break the break fluid gets hot, turns into Steam and close your caliper.
Haven't changed, bleed the brakes at rear till the color was clean. Was very dirty when I did it. Brake fluid looks very clean.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't changed, bleed the brakes at rear till the color was clean. Was very dirty when I did it. Brake fluid looks very clean.
I dont understand, you only bleed the brakes in the rear and it was dirty, but looks clean?

OP
OP
J

Jacob808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont understand, you only bleed the brakes in the rear and it was dirty, but looks clean?when it first locked up I bleed it from the rear. The fluid that came out was dark. I bleed the m

I dont understand, you only bleed the brakes in the rear and it was dirty, but looks clean?
When it first locked up I bleed it from the rear and it was dirty. Bleed the rear till color was clean.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it first locked up I bleed it from the rear and it was dirty. Bleed the rear till color was clean.
But when you bleed, you need to bleed all four calippers. So you need to bleed from the rear and the front..

So that means, if you don't bleed the calipers in the front, you will have there old brake fluid and then it's clear why your calipper at your front wheel close while driving..

OP
OP
J

Jacob808

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
But when you bleed, you need to bleed all four calippers. So you need to bleed from the rear and the front..

So that means, if you don't bleed the calipers in the front, you will have there old brake fluid and then it's clear why your calipper at your front wheel close while driving..
I bleed the rear passager and front passenger. I'll try all 4 and sees what happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo