Rear Autoride shocks blown?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houstonshark

Reaction score
I bought the Arnott's and had them installed about a month ago. I'm really happy with them but after getting new tires, I'm pretty sure my factory shocks were fine. I'll sell them for $200 if you're interested.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
The car doesn't even ride bad and my mom is out of town and says she doesn't want to spend money on it right now because it doesn't ride bad.

Houstonshark

Reaction score
The car doesn't even ride bad and my mom is out of town and says she doesn't want to spend money on it right now because it doesn't ride bad.

I'm sure it doesn't ride too bad right now but I wouldn't expect it to do very well at all with any sort of load or passengers in the back.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Yah but it doesn't get loaded down to often.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if she finds 300 gold bricks on the side of the road? :eek:

From my CB Radio.

Houstonshark

Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned but I'd be sure to pull the fuse for the air compressor before you burn it up by constantly trying to raise the back up.

OP
OP
Blazed

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
The compressors seem to only come on while in park...?

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houstonshark makes a good point, the tale tale signs on these models are if the shocks are blown unbenounced to the owner then the compressor is usually burnt up as well. Mine was this way so I bought a shocks/compressor combo from Arnott off eBay for $500 shipped and got $50 back for my old blown ones.

Houstonshark

Reaction score
The compressor will run once you start the vehicle to get it to ride height and then cut off but it doesn't matter whether you are in park or underway. I'm not sure what the threshold is but it will try and maintain the height. With holes in the bags, that means the compressor will be running a lot more than normal, trying to lift it up. I'd pull the fuse before you are stuck buying another compressor too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts