Rear ac hell.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ok so my rear ac leak is getting worse. I found a great solution for the crappy steel lines the factory uses. I went with autocooling solutions rear ac line kit. It cost 350 but that's fraction of the cost to have dealer replace the lines only to have it rot again in what 5 years?
The kit uses rubber hoses that span the length of the factory rear lines. There is no need to remove
The old lines, I just removed
The pass running board and ran the lines next to the oem lines. Simple. Connected the lines to the front and used the hardware that's included.

The rear where it goes into the Evaperator is where hell broke loose.
I was able to get the nut on the expansion off but I could not seperate the lines from the block. After many attempts to seperate, I ended up snapping the lines inside the evap off. Now I have to remove the whole rear blower assembly to replace the evap. Not fun as the coolant lines into the heater core uses quick connect that also corroded.
I ended up just breaking the connectors off and plan on just using hoses and clamps in its place.
It's an on going project right. Now but In the meantime, I just was able to seperate old expansion block. I ended up cleaning and plugged up the lines into the block so I can still at least have front ac.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4

Latest posts