Real big brakes on my OBS 4 door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paramedicopace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so if you have looked for brake upgrades for the OBS Chevys you know that hydroboost with a NBS master cylinder is the most cost effective bang for you buck. SSBC offer a 13" rotor/caliper upgrade kit but for $2.4k yikes. I bought my Hoe for $600. Well after much research and measuring I think I have it dialed. Granted I'm using Jeep rotors but yes it's going to be what is needed for this 5k lb family mover. So I have 6 piston Wilwood calipers that is a upgrade kit for a newer Z06 that will bite on SRT8 Jeep Cherokee rotors up front. The rotors are 380mm (14.96") and 5x5 bolt pattern. I'm converting the stock 2wd rotor into a hub and will float the rotor over it. Obviously I'm going to have to have the bracket cut so that's tomorrow's project. The rear will be SRT8 rear rotors 360mm (14.17") and I'm using a pair of Brembo front calipers from a G8/SS or SRT charger/challenger will work. I'm going to do my cardboard template magic tomorrow and off to the water torch. Pics to come. I'm waiting on my remote start to be finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
paramedicopace

paramedicopace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
9e21f9bab2add06c78703f0ed41fb212.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
paramedicopace

paramedicopace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is the front mock up. I had my measurements off the front rotors are actually 360mm and the rears are 350mm. Still a lot of surface area. These are just mock rotors as I will be getting some drilled and slotted rotors. The front has some untouched rotor that the pads won't hit but it's not much. Rear calipers will be here Friday and I'll get that going. I will post pics of the caliper brackets tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the front mock up. I had my measurements off the front rotors are actually 360mm and the rears are 350mm. Still a lot of surface area. These are just mock rotors as I will be getting some drilled and slotted rotors. The front has some untouched rotor that the pads won't hit but it's not much. Rear calipers will be here Friday and I'll get that going. I will post pics of the caliper brackets tomorrow

So you are doing this for a 2wd Tahoe? I'd be really interested in this if it would work for a 4wd

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
good luck with that.there has always been oversized setups for 2wd but can never find any for 4wd short of the dual pistons drop-in for the fronts at 700+ for a set from ssbc

OP
OP
paramedicopace

paramedicopace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after doing some mock up I think it will work just fine. This is for a 2wd but I'm sure you could redrill the rotors and make it work. I just received the rear calipers today and I just ordered the drilled and slotted rotors. Will post new soon.

98blackbell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great work, I was thinking of doing the same thing with the Cadillac STS-V coupe. Using the stock front rotor as a hat, install longer studs.

How are you getting the caliper attached to the stock location?

Waiting for the mock up with credit card in hand to order parts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite