Re-VHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I used VHT Niteshades awhile ago following this guys video. Typical wetsand, thinner, paint, clear coat approach. When doing this they looked much darker than they turned out so I want to add another few coats.

Can I just wetsand again to get rid of the clear coat and just re-do everything in the video and call it a day?

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just scuff/sand the clear so the VHT can adhere. There isn't any need to sand the clear off.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could but it'd be messy. if you do that, you're probably better off trying to take it all off and start from scratch. otherwise, you wont know how far to sand down and you might take some of the VHT off instead of just the clear. I think you could just scuff up the clear so that the VHT would stick.

How dark do you want to go. I did 2-3 coats and they were pretty dark. Here in Cali, they'd pull you over if they were completely blacked out. Not sure how it is in Texas, but be careful.

file-2.jpg

file.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700