rattling noise coming from front left 98 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montec313

Reaction score
i had this noise start out by once and and blue moon then it does it everytime i go over a bump regardless if im turning or going straight. it got worse when i hit a curb playing around. rim is not bent and everything looks alright. it is really anoying and very loud. have to creep through parking lots just for it wont make the noise. any ideas???? gonna look at fixxing it this weekend. need heads up. too cold to be playing around outside. lol

OP
OP
M

montec313

Reaction score
Looks like the upper ball joint on the left side is going. Ball looks like it's coming out n the boot is ripped

OP
OP
M

montec313

Reaction score
ok i replace the upper ball joint and the shock on the drivers side. it seemed tio calm down. but there is still a poping noise coming from under neath the front when i go over bump. it does it to when going down the road turning the steering wheel side to side. any suggestions.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

i found what the prob was torsion bar link is broken. drivers side

OP
OP
M

montec313

Reaction score
no it is the link at the end of the torsion bar in the back of the vechile. the part was 37.00 from the dealer