Rattling in Driver Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinb181

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a rattle on the passenger side it appears to be in the rear door or pillar between front and rear. Hard to narrow down. I'll probably wait until my oil change if I can help it.

Also heard a little one on the driver side as well maybe from the seatbelt slide

one8upcb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue. The black plastic trim pieces on the outside of the door are held on by, what looks like some kind of rivets/tabs. My noise was like like fast ticking. Anyway I removed the trim piece and the tab that was holding it in at the bottom was broke. Put some clear silicone in its place and now no more tapping. The rear passenger side was coming off, luckily it's held in by the door or it would have been on the freeway. Also my noise was more pronounced at 70mph.

wowdy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a rattle/screeching/tapping noise developed by drivers side window, right next to my ear, recently as well, starts on hwy at 45 mph. Annoying as heck, having service look at it when I bring it back for a SECOND time for the XM "signal being blocked" you know when I'm driving in WI, our corn grows tall, not that tall... 2700 miles on it

one8upcb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had it at the dealer all day. They changed the 3 black trim/pillar pieces and my noise went away. It is a poor design, so expect it to happen again. When it happens again, I will just silicone it. Also they changed the front dome light assembly out. My riders did t see it flash, but I'm going to take it out tonight and see if it does the disco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StayStoney

Latest posts