Random jerk in motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I swapped out the 4L60E for an NV4500. I paid little attention to the wires up under all the crap in the tranny tunnel. Went from button shift to manual shift transfer case..drilled holes in the metal on the floor hump...those wires up under there rode next to the screws and shorted out the pink wire engine fuse #1 I believe in the in cab fuse panel. It ran fine but would hiccup like you're describing. I had codes however. Are your fuses all working? I had several codes for MAF, AIT sensor, etc....all things that were powered off that stupid engine#1 fused pink wire that i shorted out from below. If all your fuses are fine and dandy, I'm probably of no use to you.

On3honksgo

Reaction score
I did just put in a new stage 2 trans from monster and have noticed it since then. I'm gonna check it out. Around town it runs and drives fine and dandy, has plenty of ass. I just more annoing than anything. I just wanna fix it.

Last edited:

Dneel81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did just put in a new stage 2 trans from monster and have noticed it since then. I'm gonna check it out. Around town it runs and drives fine and dandy, has plenty of ass. I just more annoing than anything. I just wanna fix it.
I found mine the old fashioned way with a test light . PITA but it works. Again, If you're not throwing codes and all fuses are good, it's likely not the issue.

Last edited:

On3honksgo

Reaction score
It's throwing 3 codes p1057 p0160 and p0161. All from B2S2. Only notice it at steady cruising speeds in OD it does it

On3honksgo

Reaction score
I installed the new style spider injectors and upper intake gasket on my 98 and it fixed it for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700