Radio turns off, then back on randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ylekiot86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe, factory Bose system with Nav. The radio will randomly turn off, then back on. There have been a few times this happens, and the cluster will guit and come back on at the same time, this will also trigger the traction control light, with a slight shutter when driving. This all happens with in a few seconds, then everything is fine. Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe, factory Bose system with Nav. The radio will randomly turn off, then back on. There have been a few times this happens, and the cluster will guit and come back on at the same time, this will also trigger the traction control light, with a slight shutter when driving. This all happens with in a few seconds, then everything is fine. Any ideas?
start by checking your battery connections, remove the cables and look for any corrosion, wire brush them and re tighten.
that's always the 1st place to start when there are electrical problems, check any other grounds you can find also.
you might also look at the "mega fuse" if your 2008 has it on the firewall? those have been known to get some build up on the contacts and cause problems.
they made changes to the battery connections over the years my 12 has it right near the post but I know on previous years it was placed on the firewall passenger side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

ylekiot86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
start by checking your battery connections, remove the cables and look for any corrosion, wire brush them and re tighten.
that's always the 1st place to start when there are electrical problems, check any other grounds you can find also.
you might also look at the "mega fuse" if your 2008 has it on the firewall? those have been known to get some build up on the contacts and cause problems.
they made changes to the battery connections over the years my 12 has it right near the post but I know on previous years it was placed on the firewall passenger side.
Thanks, I will take a look!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts