Radio interference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I've got a good one here.

Living in Virginia I listened to FM radio since the Tahoe does not (yet) have XM. In my move to Illinois I went to Utah for vacation and listened to MP3 the entire trip (yes, I have that much music on my phone). While in Utah I bought a new cell phone car charger that has 2 USB female plugs instead of the standard 1 plug. This is not an aftermarket unit, but one from T Mobile with the T Mobile logo. My phones are T Mobile too. Once I got to my new home in Illinois I had the radio scan for the FM stations. What became instantly apparent to me was a lot of static. It was on every station. I figured it was due to range and being so far from Chicago. Then, yesterday my wife was charging her phone while I was driving. At one point she decided to unplug her phone from the charger and the static/feedback instantly disappeared. After playing around with it for a little bit one thing became obvious. The dual car charger is the source of the problem when it is connected to the power port. What I don't understand is how. I never had this problem before, not even with a single car charger. I even tried moving the car charger to the second row and still had the same problem, but again, only when it is plugged in. I know it is the car charger and not the phones because the problem happens regardless of the phones being connected.

Does anybody have any ideas of how I can solve this problem without buying a new car charger?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take car charger back to store and get a new one.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. That's a great deal on them too. I think I have bucks left on an Amazon gift card, so I'll look into picking one up.

I thrive on being an informative member :Handshake:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That you have been. Way to thrive. If I could pat you on the head right now I would.

4088-hawkward.png

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Divorce is also an option ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700