R.i.p

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Well guys, the title says it all. I finally got rid of the "Hoe" and no I don't mean my wife either! :lol2: It was a long time coming and I bit the bullet. Traded the old bastard in for a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 Hemi.

Now it wasn't an easy decision. I wanted a 2004-2006 NBS Z71 really bad, but I had to do a little research on what I needed in a vehicle, especially if it was going to be my DD/expedition vehicle on the weekends. So I did all my homework on the NBS tahoes and grand cherokee's, and the thing that won me over is 1) The 5.7 Hemi offers 330HP stock 2)Better MPG's (getting around 19-21 city) 3)4wd system (the quadra-drive II system has elsd's front and rear) comparing that with the NBS Tahoes, I knew the winner was the grand cherokee.

Mostly the 4x4 system is what I loved the most. I knew I'd have to take out the e80 locker and replace it with a tru-trac,and that would just add to the list of things I would need to do to make the Z71 capable of doing some dune/caliche/rock trails out here in el paso. Lift prices also raised an eyebrow. If i was going to spend 15K on a vehicle, I needed to do it right the first time or I'd be kicking myself in the ass:emotions122: for buying on impulse.

I had been itching to get a wrangler, but i think i'll wait till they start offering the Hemi in one of those bad boys. Overall I was very satisfied with my tahoe. I was very pleased with all the info and advise I got on the forum! Now don't get me wrong, im still a chevy guy for life, and by no means will that be the last tahoe I own. I guess its a goodbye to my old friend "mater". May the next owner enjoy it as much as I did!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that , i wish you would have kept the roof rack i need one

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Grand Cherokees are very nice. Congrats on your new ride.

But it gets 19-21 MPG in the city with the Hemi?? Are you sure? This seems way off to me.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Sad u traded it but yea sucks u didnt keep the rack either i woulda bouht that up quick... So what type of lift you want with that jeep

99_Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But it gets 19-21 MPG in the city with the Hemi?? Are you sure? This seems way off to me.

That sounds more like highway to me. At least that's what my 07 grand Cherokee got with the hemi. It was more like 15-16 city if you were nice to it.

OP, you will love the jeep. I loved mine but just needed more room inside and had to sell it off. But off road was awesome and on road I would definitely surprise some people with that horsepower. It's a quick little suv! You lose mpg when it's lifted and aggressive tires but it's worth it
6154c282-0d07-65d9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny