Quick Q about G5 tails ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the Eagle Eye G5 tails:

1. An exact/identical replica of oem escalade tails.
2. Same configuration of led rows and functionality but only similar to the Esky tails but not exact.
3. Lame attempt at a rep so don't bother cause knowing your OCD your brain will explode.

Thanks. :)

Cheers!

drroy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my understanding is its #1 with wiring for tahoe/yukon.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Roy,

Yeah I know the harness plugs right in and the plastic shape with the pleat is an exact replica. What I'm trying to learn is really in terms of illumination ... namely, if one were to light them up side by side would they see any difference in terms of light shape and output.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

In short ... is the G5 an esky 'clone' or is as they often describe it under the euphemism escalade 'type' light that just resembles oem?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question Serge as I had the same one before purchasing. The G5's are (to my knowledge) exactly the same aka clones. They look the same, have the same illumination patterns, and don't look "cheap" by any means. The only thing that is different is they are actually plug and play and don't require a different harness. Since I've owned both the G5's and now have the real Esky tails, I can definitely verify that there is nothing noticeably different (if anything at all). And as you know I have these OCD characteristics as well and would have noticed by now. So I think they are good to go on your new Nali :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Felix ... and yeah, getting this from you and your kindred OCD is most reassuring. :)

The reason this question was triggered is because looking at pics of them side to side on the web, one can see variations in led depth and angle. But with so many things reflecting off each other inside the tails it's hard to tell in pictures if it's the angle of the pic or if indeed there are significant differences between the two.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't being OCD about your Denali normal?? I thought it was cuz I am ;)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obsessive Compulsive Denali?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just open up that large wallet and buy em. How often do you park next to an Esky and both of you turn on your turn signals just to admire them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YETI the Yukon