question about dashboard gauges on my 2023 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does not appear that there is an old shool looking dash set up that would have all my gauges in the circular or round format the way the old dash boards used to look. Speed, RPM, Temp, volt meter, oil pressure. I know I can get the bar graph option for some of this at the bottom, but I find those difficult to read.. I am just not finding this option?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not an option to get things like ammeter, oil pressure, coolant temp as round needle format gauges.

With the classic layout you can get the tachometer and speedometer displayed as a circular format, but that's all.

After one year of ownership, I've gotten used to it... however, I understand your frustration and I think it's a big miss from GM to not allow that kind of view. It's digital and there should be a considerable amount more customization options.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and you two are lucky that the Yukon image in the right cluster is the color of your trucks. LOL I, too, wish there were some additional "skins" that could be uploaded/customized -- and I'd start by changing the Yukon image to a black one.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and you two are lucky that the Yukon image in the right cluster is the color of your trucks. LOL I, too, wish there were some additional "skins" that could be uploaded/customized -- and I'd start by changing the Yukon image to a black one.
No way, it’s always gray? I thought it changed color based on what was on your rig!

Honestly I never use that screen. While I appreciate the detail they put in it with animations and such, it went away while I was configuring the layout with the salesman at the dealership. It just isn’t useful information to me and I’d rather see my transmission temp in the same spot.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way, it’s always gray? I thought it changed color based on what was on your rig!

Honestly I never use that screen. While I appreciate the detail they put in it with animations and such, it went away while I was configuring the layout with the salesman at the dealership. It just isn’t useful information to me and I’d rather see my transmission temp in the same spot.
Still get the view of the exterior when you open the lift gate with the engine on, big and bad in the center!

I agree though, that spot houses the tire pressures in my rig.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Kia Telluride the tach and speedo will switch to show a view of the blindspots when the blinker is used to change lanes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia