Quartz Coated '15 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks amazing and dealing with all the snow and salt can destroy a paint job in not time. Does this coating reduce the amount of "maintain r details"? How long does a simp,e application usually last?

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome...I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a sealant/coating system. Using Blackfire and Adams stuff now, but it's hard to enjoy detailing during the winter. Again great job. Did you find the clear on the 15's to be rather hard? Mine sure seems to be more resistant to correction than other vehicle's I've owned.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coatings still do get watermarks on them. They have a product called reload for that.

Not everything is worry free

OP
OP
TheAgency

TheAgency

Reaction score
Bootlegfab, I agree; at least on mine, I found that the factory clear on the '15's are on the harder side. My paint was hammered from the swirl-o-matric used at the dealership before I bought it and while I could have gotten great results with a 2-step or even 1-step approach, I wanted total perfection.

This was my first time with the new microfiber cutting pads, and I would highly recommend. Buy at least 3 of them, make sure you have a good brush to restore the nap every panel or so, and spring for the Meguairs MF backing plate.

Granted, I only have a porter cable DA polisher. If I had a more powerful Flex or the new Torq polisher, I would have probably had faster results.

Bootlegfab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I've been reading up on the MF pads. I run a cheap harbor freight DA that works although a PC or Flex would probably work faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D713M