pulled the trigger... LQ4/4L80 swap (6.0 vortec)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting wrapped up on my harness, if you follow the how-tos on the lt1swap.com site, it'll walk you through the process. i still have some wires that i'm not for certain about, mainly concerning the a/c controls. i'm weighing my options on either trying to either solder like 10 @ 20-22 ga. wires onto one like, 12 ga wire, or getting a couple of bus bars and powering the busses, which would make my life easier on terminating lots of wires like that. i'll keep y'all posted on which route i go, and i'll take some pics once i make a decision.

05goatls2

Reaction score
ordered my mufflers last night, spintech 9000's, [email protected]". should be good and loud. they sound ridiculous on mr mobley's carbed 6.0. hopefully the bump in compression from the 243 heads i'm putting will make them pop pretty well.

I had some spintech mufflers on my 05 gto... they were amazing sounding until you hit the highway and about 2500RPM the drone made you deaf.

http://youtu.be/xiIyQXLzMh8

^That was mine. I'm not too wise with computers so sorry for the URL :party33:

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice. i can only hope mine sounds as good as some of the goats i've heard on youtube with spintechs. sorry it's been a few days gents, been working and the rain hasn't been cooperating, sooo... it's been slow on my end. have a couple pics from my phone, so excuse the quality. the poorly dressed people i have pics of are from my last trip to harbor freight. saw them both at the same store at the same time. though that was illegal to have so much awesomeness in one place at the same time. interrupt the space time continuum. also a couple crappy shots of my wrapped headers. yeah yeah, i know, rust and corrosion and fail, i know. but it's cheaper for me to get another set of headers from schoenfeld and repeat the process than it is for me to have gotten them coated. and my local (hour drive away) shop is retooling and stuff so they're not ceramic coating for like 4 months yet. i just have a hard time spending twice what i paid for the damn things in coating. so we'll see how long they last. maybe by the time it comes to replace them they'll have a "nicer" set of headers available for the swap in stainless or something, or maybe i'll just have schoenfeld coat them there for another 200 bucks. so all you naysayers, save your breath, i've weighed the options on both sides of coating/wrapping/uncoated/etc., and wrapping was the one i decided to go with. not trying to be a douche about it, but i've heard all the possible cons about the wrap, so i'm just gonna roll the dice on it. anyhow, specs are DEI titanium exhaust wrap,

http://www.designengineering.com/ca...wrap-kits/titanium-exhaust-wrap-lr-technology

and it took all but like 2 or 3 feet of 2@2"x50' rolls. takes a damn lot. for attaching and securing the wrap i got some stainless steel safety wire and some safety wire pliers. lot cheaper than stainless tie wraps or stainless hose clamps, and think it makes for a cleaner install, plus you can add as much as you feel necessary without it being too too obvious. again, sorry for the crappy pics, old school iphone 3g doesn't take the best pics, especially in low light, but i'll have some better pics soon as soon as i get some days off.

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

and yes that was a fanny pack.

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just act like i'm dicking with my phone and snap a pic with my camera. my iphone 3g doesn't have flash, so it's pretty inconspicuous. i don't like hold it up to my face and say cheese, lol. i hold it down and look like i'm looking at something or texting or something but angle it up enough so i can snap em. i don't usually capture pics of such beasts in the wild like this, but it was too good to pass up.

arb905

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a few at my gym that are regulars. They are always good for a laugh.

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the long wait. here's some pics.

SDC10521.jpg

new motor stuffed in the engine bay. went in surprisingly easily. almost like something was wrong. lol

SDC10522.jpg

various pics of motor in the hole.

SDC10523.jpg

SDC10524.jpg

SDC10525.jpg

various wires i'll have to find homes for.

SDC10526.jpg

poor truck. hope to have you down shortly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper