pulled the trigger... LQ4/4L80 swap (6.0 vortec)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright. got my intake on, plugs, plug wires, and my harness all connected to the motor side. still working on the adapters and such for all my oil, tranny, fuel lines. but it's getting closer. can't wait.

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry everyone, everything kinda took a back burner, but i'm slowly sorting through what to do next. kinda lost interest in it for a bit, bought the wife a new ride and i inherited her hand me down ram. sorry i left everyone hanging, i'll try to be around more often and hopefully have some info shortly.

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i have arrived at a point that i need some help, and there is a local guy that has done several of these swaps and he is gonna help me out. i told him that i wanted to be around for the work so i can document it and put it in this thread so maybe it can help someone else out. as for the transmission lines, he had me order some new ones, as the 4l80e was an option in some of our trucks (3/4, 1 ton), so i ordered some from o'reilly's that are made for an OBS to 4l80e. haven't installed them yet, but i'm about to stick the radiator back in and start doing that. been so freakin hot, sucks to be out there in the sun like that. (i don't have a shop, per se, nor a garage large enough to put my truck in, so i'm at the mercy of the elements.) more to come, sorry it's been such an arduous task.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please more details on tranny, My motor is done as well and I am starting on the 4L80e hopefully next week.

Are you swappin in an 80e as well?

OP
OP
branndon_b

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry it took a couple days falcon, yeah, putting an 80e in mine as well. got a 3000 stall converter with arp bolts in it, and gonna have to get a driveshaft made for my truck. hopefully they can just cut my current shaft and put a new yoke on it, we'll see how that goes. pm me and lemme know if you want my phone # and we can talk more about it at length if you like.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got ya! I wish I could have gotten a stall, that was originally my plan, but here I am at 7k deep and I still need/like to Stall Converter, Some Sort of F/I, injectors, and a dyno. On top of installing this thing. It just never ends. I was single this stuff wouldn't be an issue but there is so much money I can sneak away from my pay check LOL.

Right now my plan is just to get injectors and get the ball rolling I am having issues finding an inexpensive Cable Driven TB for my L92 Truck intake. I don't need (but would like one) a fancy/pricey aftermarket one. I want this thing running smooth then I want to upgrade to the Holley Hi-Rise Intake or the Fast Truck intake b/c they just look sick!

Don't ask me what or why I was thinking I could have this all said and done with boost for 6k. I think I got lost some where along the lines.

I sent ya a pm. Just shoot me a text so I can Save your number.

Hopefully I can get the 80e out of storage and start laying some paint on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10