Puddle lamp relays/sockets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Even a different bulb and some dielectric grease isn't doing the trick. Is there a part number for the puddle lamp socket? I'm thinking I may have broken it somehow trying to get this LED to work.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Put a tester on there and check voltage.

OP
OP
ACM

ACM

Reaction score
Put a tester on there and check voltage.
It's definitely a bad socket. Pulled the painted cover off my drivers side mirror last night (broke a tab in the process) and was playing with the orange wire, and the plug that runs from the wire down to the puddle lamp socket. You know when you have a bad Aux cord and you have to hold the plug a certain way to get stereo sound? It was the same concept...I could get the light to kick on by manipulating the plug/wiring, but I couldn't get it to stay on.

OP
OP
ACM

ACM

Reaction score
Oh ok. Interesting how they changed the design of the puddle lights drastically from the the 800 platform trucks to the 900 platform. My 2006 puddle lights look completely different than yours even to the way they are wired in. I don't have any part numbers for you, but you could try the online GM parts store. Like gmpartsgiant.org and click into the mirror assembly setup. It'll break down all the different parts and the part numbers there. And then you could take that to eBay or amazon and use the part number to search the parts to replace it.
Unfortunately I'm having a tough time locating which "kit" would have the wiring/plug I need. I have an $80 power folding unpainted mirror with a puddle lamp in my Amazon cart - worst case scenario, I'll order it and take the puddle lamp socket/housing off of it and donate it to my mirror. Would probably be damn near that much to have the thing fixed professionally, anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman