Project: Clean Daily...2003 Tahoe LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Man that looks beast! Love the hood, but yea man you should've just scuffed the grille real quick and painted that too at the same time while you wait.

Everything on the hd Silverado body is exactly what's on a 1500 body...bumpers,doors,fenders.
And with the hd body , like all trucks i.e. Gm , Dodge, and Ford, they all come from the factory with a 2" body lift. Since the bumper is attached to the frame it's 2" lower from the body so GM put a dip in the cap and stretched the grille lower so it didn't look like it just had a super fat bumper lip all the way across . Yes the bumper is exactly the same. The grille and cap had to be changed so it didn't look weird lol. The different style hood that is raised gives room for the duramax and heat disbursing.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
To fit the cap just bring the bumper down 2" and the cap will fit. But it involves cutting and welding of just two mounting spots . It's not hard if you can get a hold of a welder.
Also that pic above is with a sierra bumper , and might I say looks awesome

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
This is the type I was talking about. View attachment 74439
That's the same one I have on mine, but I had an all chrome one before and switched with a guy with a Silverado. Except for ppv and gov vehicles I believe all tahoes come with all chrome. And silverados all came with just the chrome center strip and plastic surround

OP
OP
derek1387

derek1387

Reaction score
Wife woke up this morning and took the Tahoe with me knowing.

Guess it's gone for good lol.

Speakers and grill are incoming. Going to do a Silverado grill paint matched and a Z71 valence to run the round fog lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
derek1387

derek1387

Reaction score
Well I decided to paint match the grill I have...
And also decided once I put the supercharger back on the Camaro here this weekend, I am fully building the Tahoe. I did some research and I can make the Tahoe just as fast, if not faster, for half the amount of money as the Camaro.

So why not have a couple of 11 second cars...one of them a daily?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well I decided to paint match the grill I have...
And also decided once I put the supercharger back on the Camaro here this weekend, I am fully building the Tahoe. I did some research and I can make the Tahoe just as fast, if not faster, for half the amount of money as the Camaro.

So why not have a couple of 11 second cars...one of them a daily?
Now you're talking! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15