ProComp Sucks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also beieve that this is a GM problem. Sucks huh? smaller diameter shock bodies. I have read a few posts over at FSC about this. I do not remember the exact cause. Doesn't happen to mine though. BUT my tires just rub the shock when I am turning and hit a big dip. That is also how I noticed I needed to "trim" the back side of my fender. The tire caught and crushed it a little. Got a saw and took out an inch or so, problem solved.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
My '77 blazer has a correctly built one. If I'm buying a lift kit, that requires lengthened u-bolts anyway, why not take the extra 2 seconds, and do it right? Also, since we're bashing on procomp, the front IFS kit is shit too. The upper control arm bashes my front shocks every time the suspension goes fully unsprung, even after modivying the bump stops to get some extra height out of them. My brand new RS5000's now each have a dent in them where the control arm has tried to have it's way with them. Boo.

yep, yet again GM issue. mine do the same thing as well, and i also did it to my rs 9000 xl shocks the day i put them in, which considering the price it was extremly annoying. get some shock hoops, or different shock positioning to take care of it. they also make shock relocation brackets which slides the shock in about 1.5 inches or somthin close to that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One