problem!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so lately my truck has been having starting issues. With no CEL shown... i'd turn truck off to go into store, then come out shortly after and truck would start and then die... I try and restart and it turns over and over hesitant to start and then i start smelling fuel from the exhaust... finnaly it starts but runs rough, smoothes out then idles high... then back to normal.... History: new distributor, new EGR, cleaned MAF, upgraded fuel spider assy, new fuel pump and coolant temp sensor all over a year ago... My thought would be a sensor... maybe TPS? any ideas guys...

OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I just ordered a new TPS and some carb cleaner from advance... gonna replace it as well as clean the IAC while i'm in there... then disconnect the battery to reset the computer and hope for the best...

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which "temp sensor" did you replace?
The one on the side of the head for the gauge or the one on the thermostat housing that the PCM uses?

OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CEL light is workig and does come on at start-up... I replaced the temp sensor on the driver side head...

Reaction score
thats only for your gauges. the one on top of the intake tells your ecm the coolant temp and helps decide how much fuel the motor gets. if it is bad, it could be telling the injectors to dump more fuel for a cold start even tho the motor is already warm

OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i'll look into it after I wait and see if replacing the TPS and cleaning the IAC helped at all... So far so good... It def. runs smoother.... Almost like a mini tune up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigstu516