Power seat won't move forward or back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the help guys. Anyone know exactly where the power pedal switch is. I found it and never used it but now I need it and can't remember where. No manual either.

sent from my thunderbolt

It should be one of the square buttons along the bottom, just under the climate controls.

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can swap a motor from the passenger seat to the driver seat to get it to move forward and back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

07lt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try unplugging the main connector,then plug it back in.Sometimes the brain box under the seat gets jammed.It has worked for me in my other gm trucks.

OP
OP
T

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx will give it a go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sanch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was outcome

Thirsty -
What was the outcome with this - I am having same problem with seat not moving up and down -
At 6'3" it is set for my wife who is 5'6" and I can't get it to lower.
I am trying to avoid the $300 seat controller motor and installation.
Love to know what you found out.

Thanks
-Steve

wardo

Reaction score
My passenger seat won't tillt forward. Everything else works.

tyriqdre

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does any one know how to manually get my seat to go back on 2006 tahoe
I've have the same problem with my driver seats, and it does not move at all... What i learned if you take off the back panel of the seat an unplug and replug the purple wire harnest it will start to work again... I hope this helps you guys also

capitalheel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Evening everyone, newbie here. Have a 2001 Tahoe LT with power/heated/lumbar seats. Lo and behold, my 5'2" wife moved the seat all the way up and of course it's now stuck. I'm 6'1" so would love some help. Similar issue to others except the lumbar piece works, yet none of the power seat features work (tilt, up/down, forward/back). Any tips? I had my local mechanic diagnose but the main issue about replacing anything is that the front bolts are blocked by the seat - thus can't take the seat out easily or get to the control module or motor. Good times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz