Power seat help needed 95 2 Door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Well fellas, my driver side seat was garbage so I visited our local LKQ and got a replacement seat. The seat is much better, but like my other seat, it only moves up and down, does not go forward or backwards. I need to scoot the seat back maybe an inch or so to have a completely comfortable ride. Is there anyway to bypass the motor or release the mechanism? I'm not ready to drop $300 on a new track assembly and I believe the track/motor assembly is just one piece. I can hear the motor engage when I push the switch forward but I hear nothing when I push the switch back. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is definitely a project vehicle but I'm finally getting it on the road on Friday after six months of it sitting in my drive way, taunting me and I'd love to feel comfortable driving it, not like a little old lady, sitting on top of the steering wheel.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should have three motors, two for tilt and one for forward/back. They may be the same motor, maybe you can swap them around. If not, check the part number on the motor and see if you can find a new one.

Here are the diagnostics for a 1998, it's probably the same for 1995, no guarantees though. Hope it helps.

It may not even be a bad seat motor...especially since the old one had the same problem.

Could be the switch or wiring. Did you swap your old switch to the new seat?

a1aae39e6fd847ed0f5227bd1a432dcd.gif

af41049c52692a3c09ba768fc6e8bac2.gif

5df16252612dcc2b72e84a6456948e7a.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I did not switch the switches. I pulled the whole she-bang out of my truck and replaced it with a whole one pulled out of a 1996 K1500 extended cab. My passenger seat wasn't doing the easy entry and my Hoe had mismatched front seats so I got a matching set. Plus the tracks were wore out on the original set. I'll have the hubby get into this schematic and drag out the voltmeter and make sure everything is getting power. I can hear the motor try to engage and the up/down motor works for sure. I wonder if I can rob the old up/down motor out of my other seat and replace the front/back motor with it. It works by reverse polarity, correct? Thanks for the reply!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'd probably be worth trying to swap the motors out, assuming they are the same parts. I'm not sure how they're attached.

Seems strange that both seats have the same issue, though. Unless one has a bad switch and the other a bad motor. Wouldn't hurt to swap the switches.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
When it cools off a bit more, I'll fiddle with it more. I can drive it but the hubby ain't gonna want to sit that close to the wheel.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
I would pull the seat out and check everything over. may be as simple as something is just jammed in the track.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
92-96 seat gearbox same also matches some corvettes. Plugs on motor different on some years whole seat had to come apart aluminum gear box drilled out rivets look in side plastic parts broken went to bone yard found another one put two together (caution) a lot of small parts inside. Pop rivet together,fixed it.The easy access seat needs a new cable also found in bone yard a lot of extended cab trucks have them paid 5 bucks for three of them common part to fail Now both seats fixed image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j