Power seat buzzing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gang,
The front-back adjustment on my driver side power seat is jacked. It buzzes and doesn't move (well, sometimes it moves a little). It sounds like a gear is either stripped or only making partial contact with whatever other gear it's supposed to mesh with. I've never had one of these apart to know how they work.

BTW, the vertical/tilt mechanisms still work just fine.

Anyone have this happen and can direct me as to what I'll need to repair it? I'd prefer to remove the seat just once to fix it, rather than R&R to diagnose then R&R again to fix once I get parts.

thanks!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines the same way, moves fine when not sitting in it, but not at all with any weight on it. trucks got 177K on it, probably just at the end of its life.

OP
OP
D

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of checking with local boneyards but if I need a complete unit (rather than, say, a gear or two) it might be more cost-effective to just buy it new. Dunno, if the General fetches a fortune for it, I may re-consider!

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
Mine does the EXACT same thing. New motors are pretty expensive so I've heard. Luckily it's stuck in a position I'm comfortable in.

Find any solutions?

OP
OP
D

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 4-door 'hoe in a wrecking yard with the same seat as mine, got the entire frame and motor assembly off it and swapped it over to my seat.

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. mine does it too.. the only thing that works on mine is the seat forward and backward button... motors arent bad just the gears i think...

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, mine is a NNBS, got into this forum on a search.

the dealer did not sell the gears for the NNBS, just a whole seat bottom

$425 from dealer, mid $200 on line.

i am gonna scour ebay, and try to score a broken one to pull parts I need off it.

there were several OBS/NBS parts on ebay, good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia