Power door lock issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BamaDogg

Reaction score
I am having issues with my rear locks. I don't know if it is just the actuator or what. I used a multi-meter and I am getting voltage to the switch. When I hook up the switch and hit the unlock button I am getting power to the blue connection. When I hit lock there is no voltage. There is no voltage on the red or black connector. I have no idea if this is normal. Is there a way to test the actuator? I have it removed.

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 7

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
actuator is moved in and out by applying 12 volts DC in either direction.. but the way you describe it is a switch or actuator relay with a defective terminal.

BamaDogg

Reaction score
I actually noticed that one of the contacts on the contact pad where the door meets the actual truck is missing. There are 4 pads instead of 5. Maybe this is the cause? Where is the actuator relay located?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

Also how can I apply 12 volts? I'd be interested in testing the actuator too.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
not the cause. the extra pin on right side is in actuality a door ajar pin switch. on right two are for window and two for actuator.

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

use your battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thathighlife7