Police issues!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Is it 2012 yet?
Reaction score
I dont believe police officers of any kind should be wasting anyones time with stupid crap like this, they should be working on real problems, creating a safer community for all.
My last vehicle had a fully locked rear end and i received 120$ ticket for reckless endangerment for flipping a u-turn on cement slab, so hell ya the tire was squealing. anyway i got the ticket dropped but it still cost me a 45$ ticket processing fee and full day of work.

Most people dont realize the amount of warrants and other various items that are controlled by what you call a stupid stop. On the past week my brother has pulled three people with felony warrants off the streets all due to small infractions like missing headlight or license plate light. One was for drug possesions another for domestic abuse and the other for a firearms issue. Most people don't realize if you will just be polite and let them do thier checks
life will go easier for both parties.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's there job. It sucks for the guys with mods...but it's a risk we take. I had a cop pull me over with: tires stick out to far, bumper height is too high, no mud flaps, the brush guard has bars that run across the headlights, the KC lights on the guard are too close together. We got to talking and he has a lifted jeep and just wanted to let me know that some cops may grab me for any of these....told me he liked the truck and off I went.

Attitude does play a big part of it.

Sucks you got a ticket regardless.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont believe police officers of any kind should be wasting anyones time with stupid crap like this, they should be working on real problems, creating a safer community for all.
My last vehicle had a fully locked rear end and i received 120$ ticket for reckless endangerment for flipping a u-turn on cement slab, so hell ya the tire was squealing. anyway i got the ticket dropped but it still cost me a 45$ ticket processing fee and full day of work.

They are trying to create a safer community by doing these "stupid" stops. Thats how they get a lot of their arrests, just like 961500 said. We cant see through houses or anything and have to go off of reported crimes and hope someone gets there in time to do something about it. Most of the calls we get, something already happened.

994door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We hear about good cops and bad cops all the time it is the job of the so called good cops to remove the bad they make you all look bad. Most people dont know cops as people just as cops. It is not your job to bring your emotions from the last call to decide what is going to happen on the next call. If there are laws and they need to be followed then why are they left up to some rookie with a chip on his shoulder to decide who gets a ticket for something while the next guy he stops for the same thing gets away with it. Most people will respect any cop that treats them with the same respect But why expect respect when you try to humiliate and belittle someone.
PS> I dont hate police I have a couple who are friends I also got pulled over by some that were very respectful and it is hard to be a jerk to a nice guy.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
Sub'd to hear the outcome.

I've had my fair share of being pulled over. One was for no front license plate & the other was for failing to signal while in a turn only lane. In both cases I had just gotten off of work and it was a probable cause stop at 2am. All the officers were nice, advised me to be careful, & sent me on my way.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
yes attitude plays alot into it..i believe a WARNING..for the mud flap would have been the proper call after he put my plate# in and saw 0 ,zip, nothing on me since i only had one speeding ticket in my life over 10 years ago and nothing else not even a seatbelt fine..or if he would have said ill give you this ticket instead of a heavier ticket for the muffler (that is legal and not even loud)..(still going to fight it). but he came up to my window already to give me a ticket and attitude..well he got it back in silly questions from me! i wasnt an ******* to him,plus he asked me if i had any questions..i did!! at least the two tickets made it worth my while to stop. like i said i dont want pitty or anything like that 165 for both tickets is a couple of meals out with the girlfriend or a tank and a half of gas..also i have had cops give me tickets and still be cool about it and i just stick up for myself nobody else will if i dont! i dont regret it at all. im also not above the law if its illegal than it is ..im just telling the story.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Reminds me of the failure to switch lanes when an officer is parked on the side of the interstate with lights on ticket. What a joke, theres a bridge off a 4 mile straight stretch of road called 68-1 which is part of the interstate, as I was going up the bridge which then turns into highway 41 there was a cop on the top parked to the side with her lights on. I didn't see her tell I was ontop of the bridge I began to switch lanes and slow my speed from 45 which was the speed limit. She pulled me and wrote me a $200.00 ticket no questions asked, she came up and got my license and registration then came back with the ticket. I couldn't believe it, it was the biggest joke to meet her quota or something. I was very polite to her.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the world would be 10x better place if cops would just put away bad people instead of giving the good ones problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick