please help me try to figure out whats wrong with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatblacklac

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help trying to figure out what's going on with my truck. Ok here what's going on. When I turn on my truck my dash lights,temp controls and the little screen that tells me my mpg and all that other stuff don't light up at all. But they turn on if I have my key turned all the way back. As soon as I turn the key to the on position they fade away and turn off. Any help is usefull since I'm hitting a brick wall trying to figure out what's wrong. I just installed a aftermarket stereo if that helps anything:yuno:.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Sounds like a blown fuse, check all slots in both fuse blocks. What year is your truck?

OP
OP
thatblacklac

thatblacklac

Reaction score
I have an 02. I'm going to check the fuses. This only happens when I have my lights on. When they are turned off everthing works. I think it might have somthing todo with the dimmer.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned, check all your fuses but if they all check out good, I'd undo your illumination wiring for your stereo and see if that solves your problem!!

OP
OP
thatblacklac

thatblacklac

Reaction score
I checked my stereo connections and they all match up. The only wire that is not connect from harness coming from the truck is an orange one. I have to wait till later in the week to check my fuses. How could I check if its the dimmer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treyseanpowell