Please help key fob reset, tried everything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbibb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys recently picked up a super nice 99 yukon denali and it didnt come with a key fob. I bought a fob and tried the #4 to #8 pin trick but my #8 has no metal. So i tried to use the other method where you get in, put in the key while holding unlock and cycle the key. After cycling the key and releasingthe unlock button my truck does nothing. I searched and saw a thread that said do the second procedure after pulling the radio fuse. I tried that and still nothing. The truck has an aftermarket radio. What other option is there to get this fob to work? Any help is greatly appreciated.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the #8 wire even present at the DLC? On a 1998, it is a black and white wire to the remote control door lock receiver.

CE2A12D2-20E0-426F-9696-793B31CA18C1_zpsuu40vnja.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, wonder if they changed the pins for 99?

1998 model, #8 in upper right

3EE4A564-0B25-491A-A9D1-F02EF6DC16D1_zpsval0ftbg.jpg

OP
OP
C

cbibb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They must have i definitely dont have a wire there. I do appreciate the pic and you trying to help. Thanks

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues programming mine as well. I do have the #4 and #8 pin, but neither remotes program. Thinking maybe both batteries are dead, but what are those odds? My truck did come with keyless, wasn't much it didn't come with.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd swap the batteries out.

If the locks cycle when you jump #4 and #8, then that should mean that the system is functioning correctly.

OP
OP
C

cbibb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys I finally made some headway through a ton of searching and research and wanted to share my results to hopefully help someone else out. Apparently there is a "luxury option" which my yukon ended up falling under. None of the other ways would even get my truck into programming mode even after taking to a locksmith. To get my truck into programming mode

1st insert key turn to on position and back off to disarm security
2nd remove key and exit truck to remove radio fuse #17
3rd get into truck, close the doors and cycle key 3 times from on to off within 5 seconds. This will lock all the doors other than the drivers door. At this point you can hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 15 seconds. Verify the fob works
4th replace the radio fuse and Now you are DONE!!

I cannot take credit for this as I found this through a ton of searching but wanted to pass it along in case it could help someone else who was in my position. I also had to order a different fob than what I originally ordered for a 99 Yukon. Because of the "luxury option" I had to call a local GMC dealer and give them my vin and they gave me a key fob part number. With that part number I can go to any aftermarket company and get the correct key fob for my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e