Plastidipped Escalade rear vent appliques?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corsiman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I finally got my hands on a set of Escalade rear vents (had to go clear across the country to get a deal), but I'm out of time this season to paint them. Does anyone have pics of their vents plastidipped black? I'm doing that as a temporary solution since I don't want this to be a project that lingers and goes unfinished.

Thanks!
Jim

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just a quick sand and hit them with some black rattle can and topped with clear? Be a good look, cheap and quick too.

BTW always a good score on the Esky appliques.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just a quick sand and hit them with some black rattle can and topped with clear? Be a good look, cheap and quick too.

BTW always a good score on the Esky appliques.

This. I would do a rattle can job before doing plasti dip

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with the others. I rattle-canned mine in color matched paint temporarily and it looked pretty good. Black would be easy, and even maybe shoot a clear coat on top.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I dont understand why its too late in the season to paint - so plastidip is the better option? Painting them yourself takes just as long as plastidip, and having them professionally painted doesnt take much longer, nor does installation.

This plastidip craze sweeping the nation needs to stop!

OP
OP
C

corsiman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man, lots of dip hate! It boils down to the fact that I have a kid, and she trumps all car stuff. lol Plastidip is a 2 hour thing where really, i'm only doing my thing for 5 min at a time. Painting is sanding, sanding, priming, sanding, painting, clearing, sanding, polishing. It's a time hole that I don't have. It's too late in the season to paint because my kid goes to bed at 8, and at that point, the sun is down. But, I'm watching YouTube videos to see, just in case I am overthinking the actual paint thing.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Man, lots of dip hate! It boils down to the fact that I have a kid, and she TRUMPs all car stuff.

TRUMP!

Can completely understand about the kid and having zero time. But, you take your time and do it right the first time, saves time in the long run of plastidip, remove plastidip, then start the painting process all over. Paint it once - done. Too bad you're not in Houston, Id just paint them professionally for $25 and you'd be done.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man you make it sound like painting those two little pieces is so hard. If it takes you more than 2 hours to sand prime and paint you're over thinking it. And the separate processes can be broken up into 15 minutes at a time. You'll be happy you don't have some plastidipped parts that look out of place. Just my opinion !

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Remember these are old plastic pieces.

I've waited to paint mine right the first time because I'm afraid to take them off and put them back in over and over again with potential to break a tab or two.

Also I've never seen them plastidipped , all I've seen were painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zucchini