Plasti-Dip Grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigguns - im looks at the pics on my phone not a screen. How good is the white compared to the paint color? And does the white stain with mud and bug guts?

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually took my whole grille off, and took the chrome surround off and just dipped that...it was a pain, but it came out nice

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually took my whole grille off, and took the chrome surround off and just dipped that...it was a pain, but it came out nice

But you just sprayed over the gold bowtie while it was still attached to the chrome surround?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean it and plasti dip it. The only thing you may not like is the texture and that the finish is not glossy. It's like $7 for a can and easily removable so I would say try it.

they sell a clear spray now. which would give it the glossy look.

people are also spraying the clear on the front edge of their hoods as a chip protector.

check out www.dipyourcar.com for all sorts of info on it.

if i didn't have wheel weights on the outside of my rims, i would try doing my rims.

but i went ahead and did all the chrome pieces on my NBS. i thought it turned out good.

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they sell a clear spray now. which would give it the glossy look.

people are also spraying the clear on the front edge of their hoods as a chip protector.

check out www.dipyourcar.com for all sorts of info on it.

if i didn't have wheel weights on the outside of my rims, i would try doing my rims.

but i went ahead and did all the chrome pieces on my NBS. i thought it turned out good.

I am really impressed with what this stuff can do ! I am tempted to try it on my 07 z71 wheeles and see what it looks like.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R_Sharpe

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
I'm so excited to do this now! I'll be picking up the Plasti-Dip today after school. I'll have to run by my other house to pick up my other grille, so I might not get it started tonight, but I'll get to it soon enough! I was wondering though, has anyone done their wheels with Plasti-Dip? It seems like I saw someone on here who had, but can't place a name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen alot of people online that have dipped their wheels...just check out dipyourcar.com...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz