Pioneer BT with Onstar Equipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a Pioneer 4300dvd installed with Axxess components to retain the steering wheel controls and chimes, and have a wireless backup camera.

I just bought a Pioneer AVH-x5600BHS to replace it so I can get BT and HD radio. I plan on re-using the Axxess stuff.

Question: Can I use the OnStar microphone? I don't want a aftermarket microphone hooked to my visor. And I don't want/need OnStar. I plan on either splicing into the onstar harness to use it's mic...or just putting the Pioneer mic in the little black housing that's already there.

Second Question: Can I change the steering wheel buttons so that the "Phone" button that would normally access OnStar instead call up the BT on the headunit?

thoughts?

Last edited:

wyokaboy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As far as the onstar is concerned, no but you might be able to hide the new bt mic in the housing. Some where I saw where you could swap out the newer (07) buttons with bt and make it work. Good luck.

jebt2921

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have factory bluetooth (or can add via a newer onstar vcim with bluetooth) then YES you can use the onstar mic for phone.

It depends on what year you have. I've got an 08 tahoe and put a 2010 onstar vcim w/ bluetooth (my onstar had gone bad) in with my pioneer 8500bhs and retained all factory functions including using the onstar mic for phone calls (I did lose onstar but didn't use it anyway). I used an axxess module as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick